Leaving Certificate Preparation Course
More and more students are telling us how participating in a language course in the country of the native language has helped them to get better exam results. Most people who speak a second language fluently will tell you that there is no substitute to conversing with native speakers to improve your language skills. On an EIL Study Abroad programme your teacher in the classroom will be a native speaker who has put together a programme specifically designed to improve your Leaving Certificate exam result. In the evenings you will live and interact with a carefully chosen host family putting into immediate practice what you have learned in the classroom. In a short space of time you will notice a significant improvement in all aspects of your ability to communicate.
- Currently we are running Leaving Certificate Preparation (LCP) courses in French (Antibes), German (Tubingen) and Spanish (Malaga).
- Each school has designed a course specific to the needs or Irish Leaving Certificate Students
- These courses are suitable for Transition year, 5th year or 6th year students
- Classes are exclusively made up of Irish students
- A minimum number of participants are required before the course can be confirmed
- Accommodation is with carefully selected host families
- Students sit a placement test on arrival in order to assess their level of proficiency
- After classes, students also have a chance to have some fun and practice their language skills through tours, cultural activities and excursions
- Evenings are spent interacting with the host family. Socialising with the other students is possible, but a strict curfew time is set which the students are expected to observe.