Background on EIL
EIL Intercultural Learning is an Irish charity which provides intercultural learning opportunities through study abroad, youth leadership, language training, travel awards, group educational programmes, and other cultural immersion activities for over 2,500 people each year. The organisation celebrated 50 years in Ireland in 2014.
EIL is the Irish National Member of Federation EIL http://federationeil.org/
In 2018 EIL became the 61st national member of the AFS Intercultural Programs Global Network https://afs.org/
The Mission of EIL:
“Providing intercultural learning experiences that enrich lives and inspire global citizenship”.
Participation in all EIL programmes involves:
- Undertaking intercultural learning (developing intercultural competence)
- Engaging in experiential learning (learning by doing)
- Raising global consciousness (thinking critically about rights and responsibilities)
- Personal development/transferable skills development (of additional personal and professional value)
IT/Social Media Coordinator
EIL/AFS wish to recruit a full time IT / Social Media Coordinator. The position is full-time, to commence as soon as possible and will be subject to a 6 months probationary period.
To ensure that EIL has a strong internal IT infrastructure and is up to date on technologies and social media trends which support staff to deliver programmes and opportunities in the most efficient and professional ways possible in a technologically dependent world.
- Administration of G Suite for Nonprofits.
- Maintenance of the internal EIL Network.
- Troubleshooting any issues with individual computers or tablets.
- Provide support to staff experiencing any IT challenges.
- Liaise with external providers and trainers.
- Advising on the purchase of any new hardware or software.
Implement Social Media Strategies:
- Implementing and/or facilitating social media campaigns.
- Set and carry out clear strategies and identify benchmarks and monitor performance on the following platforms:
Oversee and advise in relation to Paid Online Marketing:
- Monitor advertising performance / provide information on which budgetary decisions can be based.
- Present detailed reports using Google Analytics and UTM codes.
- Monitor trends and development in the IT world.
- Identifying opportunities for training and development.
- Ensure GDPR compliance is exemplary across all EIL IT systems.
- A 3rd Level IT Qualification or IT Certification
- 2+ Years in an IT role
- Strong knowledge of the G Suite platform.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Good technical support background.
- Good knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- Good self-motivational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Communication skills – ability to present complex information in a clear, concise, and engaging manner.
- Public speaking / Training / Facilitation skills.
- An ability to apply Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to solve technical problems.
- Ability to motivate and bring along colleagues.
- Ability to be creative, flexible and critical.
- IT & Network Infrastructures
- Cloud Computing & G Suite administration
- Google Analytics
- Web design and website maintenance
- Social media practices
- Data recovery and troubleshooting.
- Automation processes
- Project management skills.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Location: EIL office in Cork city
- Duration: Permanent subject to 6 month probationary period
- Working hours: Average of 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary: Negotiable circa €28,000 – €32,000 pa
Holiday entitlements will be all public holidays plus 22 working days (3 – 4 of which should be taken over the Christmas period) plus Good Friday.
How to apply: Please send the following to [email protected]
- Completed Application (Download a copy here).
- Copy of your CV
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Tuesday February 1st 2022