Culture and entertainment
Lindau town has much to offer: restaurants, pubs, discos, a theatre, a casino, galleries, museums, cinemas, street cafes and more! Entertainment offered ranges from different types of concerts (classical, jazz, rock, etc.), open air events in the squares and lanes (theatre, festivals, markets, etc.) and traditional town festivals (Carnival, the Municipal Festival, the Fair, etc.).
The neighbouring towns of Bregenz (with its well known Bregenz Festival) and Friedrichshafen (with its Graf Zeppelin House cultural centre) also have a whole range of cultural activities on offer.
The school provides all students with event information and can reserve tickets and organise events according to their interests.
The school arranges many different types of excursions for its students, offered on a first-com, first-served basis and costing an additional fee. The following are some examples of where they have gone in the past:
- Meersburg, the oldest castle in Germany
- Mainau Island
- Ulm (Germany), Basel and Zurich (Switzerland)
- King Ludwig's castles at Neuschwanstein
- The Rhine Falls of Schaffhausen
- The nearby Alps are a paradise for walkers, climbers and wintersports (St. Anton, Lech, Oberstdorf, Montafon, Davos)
Lindau is a great place for every conceivable type of sport. Cycling, tennis, squash, swimming, riding, ball games and jogging, are all possible.
In the summer the lake offers all sorts of watersports, such as sailing, rowing or windsurfing (the school has its own surfboards).
In the winter Lindau has its own ice rink, winter sports resorts are within easy reach and offer alpine and cross-country skiing trails of international reputation.
Bicycle routes along the boarder of Lake Constance and through the countryside will invite you to explore the beautiful landscape.
A leisure programme organised by the school
The school organises a leisure programme. Activities are organised and accompanied by the staff, at least twice per week. The programme is constantly updated with new ideas and is designed every month. It depends on seasonal influences, e.g. weather, local dates.
Examples of the leisure programme (These prices are for the adult students. Leisure time programme for the youth students is included in the course price.)
- School cinema (once a week).
- Sport at sport hall (ball games...).
- Guided town walks.
- Visits of interesting factories.
- Visits of exhibitions.
- Common dinners and cooking.
- Barbeques at the lake.
- Mini golf, bowling.
- Bicycle tours.
At cost prices or reduced cost prices (approximate costs)
- Excursions, e.g. Island Mainau and castle Meersburg, the rhine falls, Ulm, Füssen-the king castles, Konstanz, Bregenz approximately (Euro 10 - 15).
- Munich, Basel, Zurich 2 days (Euro 65).
- mountain tours (Euro 10 - 15).
- Visit of winegrower with tasting (Euro 8).
- Visit of a brewery (Euro 8).
- Skiing in the alps (ski resorts like St.Anton, Montafon, Davos) (Euro 20 - 40).
- Sailing (Euro 8).
- Horse riding (Euro 12 per hour).
- Tennis (Euro 8 per hourly).
Of course, the students themselves are more than welcome to find their own activities, the school staff can always be of assistance in booking such non-school organised activities and site seeing.