- Deadline for applications is 12 noon Friday, December 9th 2022
- All applicants should be a long-term registered resident on the island of Ireland and have a current passport.
- All applicants should be of eligible age for the award applied for.
- Applications & Nominations should only be made with the full permission of the person involved.
- A separate application & documentation must be completed for each person applying for each award.
- Short listing will take place and interviews will be conducted prior to final selection. Shortlisted candidates must be available to interview Saturday, February 11th 2023
- Each successful applicant must complete all necessary supplementary application forms as required by EIL (including parental/guardian permissions if under 18)
- Selected applicants forfeit their Award should he/she not be able to fully participate on the programme on all the dates as specified (including the Pre-departure Workshop)
- Selected applicants forfeit their Award should he/she be found unfit to travel by a medical practitioner.
- All winners are required to complete an Action at Home on their return to Ireland.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate an appropriate level of maturity and responsibility in order to participate. This include responding promptly to all communication from EIL Explore staff.
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a medical form completed by his/her GP. Please note that having a medical condition may not necessarily exclude the applicant.
- All persons making nominations and all the applicants agree to accept the decision of the EIL adjudication panel as final.
- Winners will be announced in March 2023.
- *Note: If you are submitting your documentation by post very close to the deadline (as in Dec 5th or later) we require you to: Get a receipt of postage, post the original in any An Post office up until 6th December at 6pm AND email a full scanned copy of the entry to [email protected] or relevant recruiting partner (ACCESS/Mature/Alive officer) before 12 noon Friday, December 9th 2022 to make sure your application arrives in time.
- Selection Day: Shortlisted candidates must attend a selection day Saturday, February 11th 2023
- Induction Day: Successful Candidates will be invited to the Induction Day Cork: Thursday, 9th March Induction Day Dublin: Saturday, 11th March
- Pre-departure and Welcome Back Workshops: Successful candidates must attend Pre-Departure and Welcome Back weekends in Dublin on May 25th-26th and on Sept. 14th-15th 2023
- Programme Abroad: Successful candidates will be required to fully participate in their programme abroad during the period specified by EIL.
- Successful candidates must carry out an Action at Home on their return to share their experience and learning with their community (more information)
ACCESS – additional
- Access applicants should be a full-time undergraduate student on a registered Access course at any Member Institution of The Higher Education Authority (HEA Member).
- Access applicants should be over 18 years on 1st June .
- Nominations should only be submitted through the Access Office
MATURE STUDENT – additional
- Applicants for this Award should be full-time undergraduate students at any Member Institution of The Higher Education Authority (HEA Member).
- Nominees must not have graduated from their undergraduate programme prior to the closing date for nominations.
- Nominations should only be submitted through the Mature Student Office
- Mature Student applicants must have been 23 years or older on January 1st of the first year of study in their approved undergraduate course.
NUI Galway ALIVE – additional
- Applicants for this award should be currently enrolled in NUI Galway
- Applications should only be submitted to NUI Galway ALIVE or NUI Galway ACCESS/Mature students offices
Global Awareness Programme – additional
- Successful applicants will have to complete the requirements for a GOLD Global Citizen Award.
- Successful applicants on return to Ireland will have to implement an awareness raising campaign around an SDG.
Cork Institute of Technology – additional
- Applicants for this award should be currently enrolled in Cork Institute of Technology.
- Applications should only be submitted to CIT Volunteer Abroad Programme office.