What is it?
The Global Awareness Programme is an exciting training, volunteering, and awareness raising project focusing on the new UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
What is involved?
- Implement an awareness raising campaign in Ireland around your SDG
- Complete a GOLD Global Citizen Award raise awareness about global social justice issues
- Return flights
- Accommodation and meals during volunteer project
- Pre-departure information and support & Insurance
- In-country airport transfers, orientation & support from experienced staff
What’s not included?
- This is a co-funded programme and each participant will be asked to raise €1000 towards their costs.
“My experience in Vietnam has challenged my preconceptions about this beautiful country and allowed me an insight into its rapid changes in all aspects of society. For me, this opportunity for cultural exchange has changed the way I think about the world. I think that it often does the same for others…the more of it the better.” Dáire, 2018.
No. of places available: 4 Age profile: 18+ years
Travel Dates: June – August 2020 Duration: Eight weeks
Destinations: Mexico, Vietnam, South Africa, Guatemala, Ecuador.
Choose one of these UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- SDG 3 Good Health: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- SDG 4 Quality Education: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- SDG 5 Gender Equality: Achieve gender equality and empower all women & girls
- SDG 15 Life on Land: Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, half biodiversity loss
Volunteering abroad can challenge you in many ways – Read more about what challenging can mean