What is included in the programme
- An on-arrival orientation covering programme issues, cultural introduction to life in Ireland, living in a host family, culture shock.
- Full board and lodging with a host family for the duration of the academic semester or year. All families will be interviewed and selected on the basis of their interest in educational exchange and their ability to provide a positive home environment. Host families in Ireland are paid a hospitality allowance.
- Enrollment in a local Secondary School
- Return transfers from the recommended arrival airport to the host community.
- Support and counseling services by the local EIL representative and/or EIL staff member.
- 24 hour emergency telephone support from the EIL office in Cork.
What is not included in the programme
- Independent travel costs for any day trip away from the host family.
- Supplies for school (stationery, pens, school bag etc.), uniform and text books. Students will be advised regarding their purchase on arrival.
- Pocket money (approx. €200 per month recommended) for personal use on items such as clothing, cinema, cosmetics and all phone calls and internet use.
- Costs for any school trips or excursions, transition year programme costs
- Cost of transportation from host family to school.
- Insurance can be provided and arranged at an additional cost.
For students interested in applying please contact us and we would be happy to inform you which of our regional partners are located closest to you.
For overseas partners looking to establish a link to Ireland please contact us for a copy of our partners agreement and more complete information about all aspects of the programme.